Sunday, February 25, 2007

Basic Bouillon for Your Health

My mom has been sick since I was in high school. TBC, diabetes mellitus (DM), herpes, etc (yes, she's a collector :P). She has been a DM patient since I was born (that's why I was such a big cute baby :P). The DM was getting worse about 3-5 years ago. Everytime she has cold, it fells like she suffers from a dangerous disease. She is also becoming very sensitive to pain, because the DM also affected her nerve system. Well, every time her body is "not delicious" (This is actually a joke where we suppose to act like stupid Indonesians who are translating word by word literally from English to Indonesian. You should be able to speak bahasa to understand this joke :P). Anyway, here is my favourite recipe for my mom, everytime she is sick. This is a basic recipe to make bouillon. You can make different kind of foods by using this basic bouillon recipe from chicken soup and pourige to my version of nasi hainan. The bouillon is good to increase our immune system.

Ingredients:
1-2 pieces of chicken or 250gr chicken fillet
4 cm ginger or 4 tea spoons of ginger powder
10 cloves of Indonesian red onions or 1 clove of onion
3 cloves of garlic
Salt

How to cook:
1. Chop the onions, garlic. Chop or smash the ginger. It is better if you fried the ginger (without oil- how do you call frying without oil? hehehe... me and my terrible english!) first.
2. Boil half of pan of water.
3. Put the chicken. After 10 minutes, put the onions, garlic, ginger and salt. After 5 minutes, turn off the stove.
4. The bouillon is ready to be used for soup, pourige or nasi hainan.




No comments: